This is the animal news update for April 22, 2017.
- A man stole the donation box belonging to the Tamaqua Area Animal Rescue in Tamaqua, PA. The box, located inside a pharmacy, contained about $100 that the rescue was going to use to help pay for a new building. Security video from the store shows a man taking the money. Read more here.
- The Calhoun County Animal Center of Calhoun County, MI is caring for over 100 cats from a hoarding case. Some of the cats need medical attention for respiratory infections. The rescue is in need of cat litter and donations. Read more here.
- The Cashiers Highlands Humane Society in Jackson County, NC is caring for 50 dogs that were part of a 435 animal hording case discovered in Habersham County, Georgia. The rescued animals included dogs, cats, donkeys, pigs, chickens, ducks, bunnies, a horse and an alpaca. Read more here.
This is the animal news update for March 25, 2017.
- The NW Love All Animal in Battleground, WA needs to find homes for over 100 animals due to a foreclosure notice that was placed on a door that is never used. The animals needing homes include geese, goats, chickens, cats, rabbits, peacocks, pigs, and ponies. Read more here.
- The Riverside Emergency Animal Rescue System of Riverside, CA is seeking volunteers for large animal emergencies and cruelty cases. During emergencies they only allow people that have undergone the appropriate training to help. The forms for becoming a volunteer are on their website. Read more here.
- The Sasha’s Hope and Rescue, Inc. is hosting a one mile fun walk. Anyone who wants to support the rescue can participate. Read more here.
Posted in Birds
, Farm Animals
, Guinea Pigs
Tagged with: Alabama
, NW Love All Animal Rescue
, Riverside Emergency Animal Rescue System
, Sasha's Hope and Rescue
This is the animal news update for March 4, 2017.
- The Furry Friends Rockin Rescue in Bismark, ND discovered more than 8 dogs and puppies left behind at the Dakota Access protest camp. The dogs left a the camp were found by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and were taken to the Furry Friends Rockin Rescue. Read more here.
- The Stray Rescue of St. Louis, MO is caring for 40 dogs that they saved from being euthanized on Valentine’s Day. The dogs were in St. Landry Parish, LA and they are working on transporting them back to their rescue. They need donations and you can donate on their website. Read more here.
- The PAWsibilities Animal Rescue in Harleysville, PA has opened a boutique in Skippack, PA to raise money for their rescue. The rescue, which is non-profit and no-kill, is mainly a cat rescue. Read more here.
Posted in Cats
Tagged with: Bismark
, Furry Friends Rockin Rescue
, north dakota
, PAWsibilities Animal Rescue
, St Landry Parish
, St Louis
, Stray Rescue
This is the animal news update for February 23, 2017.
- The Western Pennsylvania Humane Society in Pittsburgh, PA discovered a sedated puppy with 2 broken legs abandoned at their facility. The police are investigating why the dog was injured and who abandoned the dog. As soon as the puppy is recovered from the injuries, she will be put up for adoption. Read more here.
- The Community Animal Rescue Effort in Columbus, IN is having an annual fundraiser Spay-ghetti dinner. One of the organization’s programs is offering low cost spay and neuter clinics on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Read more here.
- The Stover Animal Rescue in Stover, MO helps dog and cats find homes. The rescue stayed open after the founder passed away in 2015. The rescue is run by volunteers who often drive dogs and cats to other shelters in Kansas and Illinois so they have a better chance of being adopted. Read more here.
This is the animal news update for February 11, 2017.
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore, MA is caring for 15 sea turtles that were rescued off of Cape Cod, MA and New York beaches last year. The turtles will be stabilized and started on antibiotics before they can be transferred to other rehab organizations. Read more here.
- The River Valley Animal Rescue in Momence, IL had all their pet food and cat litter stolen this week. They need donations of food and money to update their security system. Read more here.
- The It Matters to One Animal Rescue in Sugarcamp, WI has had 39 dogs removed due to an investigation by the Oneida County Sheriff’s office. No charges have been filed and the case is being investigated. Read more here.
This is the animal news update for February 3, 2017.
- The Animal League of Iowa, Inc. in Des Moines, IA has removed 19 living and 3 deceased dogs from properties in Indianola, IA. The ARL is seeking donations of canned dog food, medium and large black Kongs for enrichment, and monetary donations. Read more here.
- Animal Planet is hosting the “Puppy Bowl” which will feature 5 strays from the St. Louis, MO area and is hosted by Stray Rescue of St. Louis, MO. The event will take place on Sunday, February 5 and will be broadcast on Animal Planet at 2pm CST. Read more here.
- Rumors about mass euthanasia at the Clayton County Animal Control in Ellenwood, GA. caused panic but turned out to be false. The panic started following a Facebook post that indicated one of the shelters would be closing for renovations. Read more here.
Posted in Dogs
Tagged with: Animal League of Iowa
, Animal Planet
, Clayton County
, Puppy Bowl
, St Louis
, Stray Rescue
This is the animal news update for January 22, 2017.
- The Lucky’s Legacy in Hobart, IN has taken in too many animals and needs help to find homes and fosters for the animals. They also need donations so they can obtain another facility. Read more here.
- The Animal Rescue League of Boston in Boston, MA is in need of volunteers at it’s Brewster and Dedham shelters. The volunteers will be taking care of puppies and be part of a “Puppy Welcome Squad”. Read more here.
- A 7 week old pit bull mix puppy who had one of her ears cut off and another ear partially severed by an abuser was rescued by the Coalgate Animal Rescue Efforts in Atoka County, OK. There is an investigation to find the person responsible for doing this and a reward is being offered. Read more here.
Posted in Cats
Tagged with: Animal Rescue League of Boston
, Lucky's Legacy
This is the animal news update for January 14, 2017.
- The Puppy Dogs R Us Rescue in Dayton, TX will be getting back the 150 animals that were taken by the Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. A case against the rescue was dismissed after the judge ruled that the search of the rescue’s 20 acre facility was illegal. Read more here.
- The Billy’s New Hope Barn Rescue in Honesdale, PA is in need of volunteers. The rescue is run from a former daily barn and has stopped taking in animals until more volunteers are available. Read more here.
- Three dogs being transported from the Rescued Pet Movement in Texas to the All Aboard Animal Rescue and Shelter in Fort Collins, CO are missing following an accident that killed a Texas man. The Colorado State Patrol tweeted a picture of the missing dogs. Read more here.
Posted in Cats
, Farm Animals
Tagged with: All Aboard Animal Rescue and Shelter
, Billys New Hope Barn
, Fort Collins
, Puppy Dogs R Us
, Rescued Pet Movement
This is the animal news update for January 8, 2017.
- The Glen Cove Animal Rescue in Glen Cove, NY will receive $1000/month to catch and neuter feral cats. The area has a feral cat problem and this program will help lesson the numbers. Once the cats are neutered, they will be returned to the area where they were caught. Read more here.
- The rescue facility of the Furever Homes Animal Rescue in Tumwater, WA caught fire leading to the deaths of 19 of the 35 dogs living at the facility. Firefighters found the source of the fire to be a running dryer. Read more here.
- The Mendocino Animal Rescue in Mendocino County, CA is overcrowded and needs help. The rescue recently took in 29 animals and also is battling an outbreak of the Parvo virus that was detected at their facility. Read more here.
This is the animal news update for December 27, 2016.
- The Angel Dog Rescue in Georgetown, GA is in debt and needs help. The rescue, which saves abandoned, abused, and unwanted dogs is $30,000 in debt, mostly in veterinary bills. Read more here.
- The Forever Home Rescue and the Spay and Save Rescue have been selected as winners of grants by the Petco Foundation. The Forever Home Rescue was awarded $5,000 and the Spay and Save Rescue was awarded $25,000. Read more here.
- The MonDak Animal Rescue in North Dakota has begun construction of a 18,000 square foot headquarters that will be the largest animal rescue operation from Billings,MT to Fargo,ND. The rescue, which currently cares for 24 puppies, will be receiving 20 kennels in the facility in February 2018. Read more here.